bringing new products to market. Product Pipeline & Development
Our Product Pipeline
As a part of a strong, global research and development network, Valent is focused on advancing traditional, biological and organic products. We are constantly evolving to better serve you. Because you, your fields and your crops deserve the best possible solutions for the most effective outcomes. That's why we're always working to bring new products to market. To bring dependable, sustainable and innovative products to market, we follow the following five key phases.
- Phase 0: DISCOVERY: Define the basics of the product concept that are to be further investigated.
- Phase 1: FEASIBILITY: Understand concepts technical feasibility and business case potential.
- Phase 2: PRE-DEVELOPMENT: Determine the commercial viability based on expanded performance, safety, regulatory and IP knowledge.
- Phase 3: DEVELOPMENT: Fully commercialize the concept both technically and strategically.
- Phase 4: PRE-LAUNCH: Finalize supply chain, marketing and launch plans.
- Phase 5: LAUNCH: Execute and monitor launch plans.
To be successful in a fast-paced, changing industry, we must constantly evaluate our technologies and improve our solutions. To do this successfully, we've established guidelines to help us navigate product pipeline development smoothly.
Product Development Process
- Improves consistency, rigor and focus for data summation and strategy development
- Improves communication for better decision making
- Enhances structure and focus for more efficient internal dialogue
- Provides more efficient project information archival and retrieval
- Increases speed of which Valent employees partner in the development process
North American Innovation Center
Our team of scientists and research specialists at the North American Innovation Center manage and conduct hundreds of environmental and human safety studies required by the U.S. EPA for product registration, while our formulation chemists develop new and innovative systems to ensure our products are not only safe but easy to use in commercial operations. These components are basic and essential requirements for the development of new products, as well as for regulatory re-evaluation and use extensions of existing products.
There are many exciting product and portfolio innovations on the horizon across both row and specialty crops. Here is a peek at a few of the product innovations planned for registration over the next five years. 1. A burndown product for corn and soybeans. 2. A foliar fungicide product for apples, peanuts and rice. 3. A premix insecticide product for tree fruit, vegetables, grapes, citrus and potatoes. To stay up to date on our newest products, visit the newsroom