- Optimize fruit size and quality in apples and pears
- Easy on foliage
- Maximize harvest management
One of the most important seasonal applications in pome fruit.
Chemical thinning optimizes fruit size and quality and is one of the most important seasonal applications in pome fruit (apples and pears). Amid-Thin W (naphthalene acetamide) is easy on foliage and offers a wide margin of crop safety when applied at recommended concentrations. Sensitivity to Amid-Thin varies considerably among cultivars, and pears are generally more sensitive than apples. Always refer to specimen label for recommendations.
- Apples: Use Amid-Thin as an apple growth regulator on early varieties that ripen before McIntosh or "round" fruit such as Fuji, Rome, Gala and Jonagold. Amid-Thin may be used on Red Delicious in areas other than the Pacific Northwest. Amid-Thin should not be used on Red Delicious and Fujis in the Eastern US. It is important that early summer varieties are sprayed no later than petal fall.
- Pears: Apply to pears within 5 to 7 days after petal fall. Amid-Thin may cause flagging of leaves and at high rates may overthin.
Crops and State Registrations
* Product is registered for use in these states. Check to be sure a specific use pattern is approved in your area before use. Contact Valent or your local state agency for more information.
Always read and follow label instructions.